Chris from Barrie Ontario (formerly of South Surrey / White Rock) was at 55-55 Marine Drive checking out some COOL shells. Chris has a really cool computer industry job in Barrie, Ontario and has even met one of our Ontario customers, the owner of Moonstone Timber Frame in Moonstone Ontario, Canada. The gang at WhiteRockBeach.ca / Virtual Edge Communications have customers all across Canada and the world. Chris above was enjoying the sunshine with a nice moderate temperature White Rock Beach is famous for.
Many people want to know why we claim that White Rock Beach is the LUCKIEST place on the west coast. Well, here are just some of the reasons offered by the gang at WhiteRockBeach.ca:
- White Rock is LUCKY to get the most sunshine and least amount of rain of anywhere in the lower mainland. Pilots flying overhead have nicknamed White Rock as “the hole in the sky”.
- We are LUCKY that the shallow waters of Semiahmoo Bay get warmed up quickly by all that sunshine.
- White Rock Beach is LUCKY to have such a wide range of restaurants, between east beach and west beach, to suit any taste buds.
- The moderate summer temperatures and sunshine make it a comfortable destination or place to live. While others in Canada sweat under stifling heat and humidity, we in White Rock are LUCKY to relax in comfort, rarely needing air conditioning.
- We are LUCKY to have flowers blooming here often weeks earlier than they do just north of us on 24 Ave in South Surrey.
- The White Rock pier and the magnificent sunsets over Semiahmoo Bay are a LUCKY combination that attract many tourists.
- White Rock has been LUCKY to be host to many dream homes in the dream home lotteries: BC Children’s Lottery, Millionaire Lottery, and Hometown Heroes have all had dream homes in White Rock. Plus the dream homes in White Rock are usually the most expensive offered.
- Lucky & Sugar-toes tour the 2013 Heroes Lottery #WhiteRock Dream Home
- Millionaire Designer Home Lottery 2013
- Lucky & Sugar-toes tour the White Rock Beach Dream Home ~ 2011 BC Millionaire Designer Home Lottery
- BC Children’s Hospital Choices Lottery ~ Lucky & Sugar-toes tour the Cape Cod Style Ocean View White Rock Beach Home – Gallery A
- BC Children’s Hospital Choices Lottery ~ Lucky & Sugar-toes tour the Cape Cod Style Ocean View White Rock Beach Home – Gallery B
- BC Children’s Hospital Choices Lottery ~ Lucky & Sugar-toes tour the Cape Cod Style Ocean View White Rock Beach Home – Gallery C (Suite)
- White Rock is LUCKY to be in close proximity to the United States — just 5 minutes from the Peace Arch crossing.
- White Rock is LUCKY to be just 30 minutes from Bellingham, WA where you can save on average about 40 to 45 cents per litre over gas prices in the lower mainland.
- We are also LUCKY to be about 2 hours from Seattle, Washington — a really cool city to visit.
- White Rock is LUCKY to have all city services in close proximity to each other — city hall, the library, fire station, and police station are all on the same block. They are just minutes away in an emergency.
- We are LUCKY to have a major hospital — Peace Arch Hospital — located in White Rock.
- About a dozen major banks are within walking distance of White Rock’s main intersection – 16 Ave (North Bluff Road) and 152 Street (Johnston Road). If you are LUCKY to have lots of money, your money will not be that far away.
- White Rock is LUCKY to have great natural exercise opportunities for people of all abilities, whether a gentle stroll along the promenade or the more vigorous trek up Oxford Street — White Rock’s natural “stairmaster”.
- White Rock is LUCKY to have a small-town atmosphere with everything you need within walking distance, and yet is part of the greater metro Vancouver area.
- If you live in White Rock, consider yourself LUCKY to not need a snow blower. Plus you can decorate your outdoor palm tree with Christmas lights.
- If you love to ski, you are LUCKY to have many options close by in available in both BC and Washington State.
- White Rock Beach is LUCKY to be a desirable movie location: Parts of the Bollywood film Best of Luck, with Gippy Grewal and Jazzy B, were filmed at the pier.
- And the city has been LUCKY to host the TV show Psych here, as it films some scenes as a backdrop for Santa Barbara, California.
- If you’re strolling along the promenade or near the pier, you just might be LUCKY to spot some Hollywood or Bollywood celebrities and maybe get your picture taken with them.
- In 2013 there was a month-long Irish Festival here, celebrating the LUCK of the Irish.
- We are LUCKY to have more than one Irish pub along Marine Drive at White Rock Beach.
- You might be LUCKY to have a UFO sighting near the White Rock Beach pier.
The National UFO Reporting Center lists only two reports of UFOs in White Rock in the last 12 years, with one earlier this month and another in December 2007. However, UFO*BC, a local group that tracks out-of-this-world activity, has at least a dozen accounts from White Rock and Surrey between 1990 and 2012.Read more: http://www.thenownewspaper.com/
Lucky and Sugar-toes met some visitors to the White Rock Beach pier from Taiwan and Vancouver. Shortly after this photo was taken a UFO was spotted directly above these people. You will have to watch the video.
- White Rock Beach is LUCKY to be a hot spot for wedding engagements. Some people have even joked that the White Rock Beach atmosphere may increase their chance of getting a “yes”!
- Many bride and grooms use the White Rock Beach area for wedding photographs, and many are LUCKY to have spectacular sunsets as a background. Many married couples return to here to celebrate their anniversaries.
- If you’re coming to White Rock for a visit, you might just end up wanting to stay indefinitely like we did, celebrating your good LUCK to find such a great place!
Even if you don’t believe in LUCK, you can still come to White Rock Beach and have a good time. If you experience a breathtaking sunset, you can give thanks or praise to whoever or whatever you feel is responsible. If you happen to forget your camera and you’re in White Rock, you’re in LUCK because you can buy our postcards.